Brembo, together with Nissan technicians, have engineered a braking system for the 2020 Nissan GT-R NISMO and Track Edition.
Brembo aluminum six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers, together with the lightweight carbon ceramic discs and carbon pads, provide Nissan engineers with approximately 35 lbs. of unsprung weight savings over cast iron.
Nissan GT-R NISMO Brembo Brake Details:
GT-R NISMO Brake Calipers:
- Front: Monoblock aluminum six-piston
- Rear: Monoblock aluminum four-piston
- Front and rear aluminum monoblock calipers (one piece) design for Nissan for reduced weight while offering maximum stiffness and cooling, designed slimmer to fit within the 20 x 10-inch wheel of the GT-R.
GT-R NISMO Brake Discs:
- Front: Carbon Ceramic 16.14×1.5 inches (410mm x 38 mm) diameter
- Rear: Carbon Ceramic 15.35×1.26 inches (390mm x 32mm) diameter
- Cross-drilled cooling holes provide added air flow that works together with the side ventilation channels to improve overall performance.
“Brembo and Nissan have a rich performance history,” said Dan Sandberg, Brembo North America president and CEO. “Our engineers worked in concert with the Nissan team to take data from the track, and combined that with lessons learned on the previous generation GT-R, to design the next evolution stopping package for this road going super car. The design takes the iconic Brembo look one step further for Nissan.”
- carbon ceramic brakes can withstand intense heat that occurs during braking not easily replicated with the cast iron materials found in most brakes.
- carbon ceramic materials are also less resistant to deformation or warping at high temperatures, giving them a longer life than traditional brakes as well as less brake pad wear, which results in very low brake dust and cleaner wheels.
- carbon ceramic brakes don’t corrode, even when in contact with water or salt during the winter seasons, giving them a consistently great look through the wheel.