Auto Service World
News   November 9, 2015   by CARS Magazine

By The Numbers

Stats that put the Canadian automotive aftermarket into perspective.


CARS-Oct15 Numbers

11 – Number of years Porsche has led the pack in a “things-gone-right” study that measures owners’ emotional connection to their new vehicle. Also in the top five this year: Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi.

18 – Number of people that can be crammed into a Smart car. Check it out at www.ow.ly/Pojv7

2.2% – Increase in Canadian new-car sales experienced in August 2015, year-over-year. The 175,512 units sold was an all-time August sales record, bringing Canada to 1,285,959 units year-to-date.

60.9% – Percentage of the light-vehicle market represented by light trucks. Passenger cars make up the remaining 39.1 percent.

38% – Percentage of time customers are contacted by repair facilities after their vehicles have been in for service.

21% – Percentage of owners of older vehicles (aged four to 12 years) who take their vehicles to both aftermarket and OEM service facilities. At an average of three visits per year, each customer represents nearly $700, making the 21 per cent battleground customers worth more than $1.5 billion in annual potential revenue for service providers.

$527 – Average amount spent by customers who were informed that additional work was required on their vehicles. (Nearly half authorized the work to be completed.) Consumers who were not advised of additional work spent an average of $225.

16 – Number of new vehicle technologies ignored by at least 20 percent of vehicle owners. The five features owners most commonly report that they “never use” are in-vehicle concierge (43%); mobile routers (38%); automatic parking systems (35%); head-up display (33%); and built-in apps (32%).

775 million – Number of wireless devices estimated to be used by Americans in 2017.

$3703 – The amount Generation Y (1977-94) consumers indicated they’d like to spend on high-tech options for their vehicles. That was about $700 more than Gen-X (1965-76) consumers and more than $1,000 above Boomers (1946-1964) and Pre-Boomers (pre-1946).

Sources: DesRosiers Automotive Consultants; J.D. Power & Associates; AIA Canada, Federal Communications Commission (U.S.), Guiness Book of World Records


Print this page

Related


Have your say:

Your email address will not be published.

*