Representatives of Uni-Select will join presenters from Auto-Wares, National Pronto, and O’Reilly Auto Parts to discuss their companies’ e-commerce programs, future growth plans, and initiatives in Customer Roundtables at the MEMA Technology Council (MTC) Annual Fall Conference.
The event is slated for Sunday, Oct. 10, through Tuesday, Oct. 12, in Marco Island, Fla.
“The Customer Roundtables are the most requested sessions at the annual MTC Fall Conference,” notes Chris Gardner, MTC group executive and vice-president, Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA). “The customer participants this year have several key e-commerce initiatives underway that suppliers do not want to miss.”
The MTC Fall Conference is the only event that focuses on the needs of technology professionals in the aftermarket supplier industry. Individuals who manage customer service, business support, e-commerce, information services, cataloguing, forecasting, and supply chain should attend the event.
In addition to the Customer Roundtables, other conference features will include:
• Future vehicle technologies and how they will impact the aftermarket
• How to establish a data management services department within a manufacturer’s operations
• Current state of the repair professional, repair shop, and use of e-commerce technology
• OptiCat: New production tools for suppliers and data receivers
• Digital Defence: Monitoring your products, logos, brands on the Web
• Data Management: The four Cs of enablement: content, convergence, conveyance, and catalogue
• Supplier-only session: e-commerce directory, customer matrix, special ordering
• Member Spotlight: Tenneco
More details, the conference agenda, and registration information are available on the Fall Conference page of the MTC website.