The growing number of automotive parts distributors who operate their businesses with the innovative Activant Vision system are playing important roles in identifying potential new features for this powerful software platform.
Activant recently introduced Version 9.2 of the Activant Vision software and is scheduled to release the next version in December. Each new release reflects feedback gained from the many leading two- and three-step distributors who use the system.
“The Activant Vision system gets better with each release,” said Tom Piper, vice president of information technology for Automotive Supply Associates/Sanel Auto Parts. “The system is extremely adaptable to the needs of our business and it’s helping us become more efficient in multiple areas, from inventory management to pricing to customer service.”
Among the new features and functionality built into the latest release of the Activant Vision software are:
• Part quantity visibility across all warehouses through LaserCat eCatalog
• Customized Auto Sourcing settings by account
• Ability to prohibit core returns by customer
• Management of contract delivery drivers through the Activant Dispatch and Delivery System software
• Enhanced core cost management
• Ability to create and assign volume discounting plans by customer
• Full-featured family pricing/quantity break pricing
• Spreadsheet uploads of customer price-level overrides
• Fast, smooth updates to replenishment models
• “Three-way match” capability for purchase orders, advance shipping notices, receiving reports and invoices
• Ability to process electronic invoices received via Activant AConneX DX solution
“Many of these new capabilities are the direct result of ideas shared by customers. Their feedback enables us to develop solutions that provide aggressive ROI and help our customers better position their businesses for long-term growth,” said Paul Salsgiver, executive vice president, Activant.
For additional information regarding the Activant Vision solution, please contact your Activant representative, visit www.activant.com, call (800) 380-9015, or visit Activant’s AAPEX Show exhibit (#2035) in Las Vegas.
Click on www.autoserviceworld.com for more news.
Have your say: