Federal-Mogul has announced an expanded aftermarket technical training schedule comprising more than three dozen hands-on undercar, underhood and engine rebuilding workshops and 15 free technical webinars.
The Federal-Mogul Technical Education Center (TEC) in St. Louis offers an extensive training programs, with in-depth instruction in modern classrooms and training bays featuring computer-based alignment stations, a chassis dynamometer, engine rebuilding lab, and electrical system diagnostic tools. All workshops are taught by ASE Master certified instructors and meet Continuing Automotive Service Education (CASE) standards.
Hands-on workshops scheduled for 2013 in St. Louis are:
* ABS/Stability Control and Traction Control Diagnostics (TEC202)
April 22-23, May 15-16, June 24-25, July 10-11, Aug. 21-22, Sept. 9-10
* Advanced Steering and Suspension Diagnostics (TEC104)
April 24-25, May 13-14, June 26-27, July 8-9, Aug. 19-20, Sept. 11-12
* Brake Diagnostics and Introduction to ABS (TEC201)
April 29-30, June 17-18, Sept. 16-17, Sept. 23-24, Oct. 21-22
* Steering and Suspension Service (TEC 101)
May 1-3, June 19-21, Sept. 18-20, Sept. 25-27, Oct. 23-25
* Automotive Electronics (TEC301)
March 18-19, July 22-23
* Complete Fuel System Diagnostics (TEC306)
Aug. 14-16, Dec. 11-13
* Engine Performance and Driveability I (TEC304)
May 8-10, July 24-26, Oct. 16-18, Nov. 6-8
* Engine Performance and Driveability II (TEC307)
Aug. 12-13, Dec. 9-10
* Ignition System Diagnostics (TEC305)
March 20-21, May 6-7, Oct. 14-15, Nov. 4-5
* Cylinder Head Reconditioning (TEC407)
* High Performance Engine Service (TEC405)
* Lower Block Reconditioning and Sealing (TEC404)
Federal-Mogul also offers a series of free live and archived online training webinars. The next live webinar, “Using Your Alignment Machine as a Diagnostic Tool,” will be offered on the following dates: Monday, Feb. 25 (5 p.m. CST), Tuesday, Feb. 26 (6 p.m. CST), Wednesday, Feb. 27 (5 p.m. and 8 p.m. CST), and Thursday, Feb. 28 (noon CST).
In addition to live events, the company also offers the following free archived webinars:
* ASE L1 Test Prep
* Adjustable Ball Joints – When, Why and How to Use Them
* Brake Noise and its Root Causes
* Common Fuel System Diagnostic Mistakes
* Diagnosing Engine Performance Using Fuel Trim
* Diagnostic Alignment Angles
* Fuel Supply Diagnosis
* Fundamentals of Alignment
* How to Check the Integrity of a Fuel System
* Master Truck Ball Joints
* Servicing Brake Systems with Vehicle Stability Control
* Toyota Prius Hybrid Brake Service
* Wheel Speed Sensors
* Why Do I Have to Recalibrate Electronic Sensors/How Do I Do It?
To register for a Federal-Mogul TEC training workshop and to access any archived webinar, simply follow the “Aftermarket” and “Technical” links at www.federalmogul.com or call (888) 771-6005.
To register for any Federal-Mogul TEC live Webinar, go to www.federalmoguletec.com.