Mark Phipps, director of engineering Bosch Brake Components, has been elected chairman of executive committee of the Brake Manufacturers Council (BMC).
Members cast their votes for the new executive committee at the mid-year meeting\ May 31 to June 1 in Naples, Fla.
The BMC was formed in 1973 to represent the interest of the brake industry. In 2010 it became an operating council of the AASA, meeting twice a year to provide a platform to address current or anticipated issues facing brake parts and systems manufacturers.
The new committee consists of:
- Rick Jamieson, president and CEO, ABS Friction immediate past chairman
- Jack Carney, president and CEO, FDP Brakes Member at large
- Bill Murray, vice president, global sales for NUCAP Industries
- John Bennett, managing director, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
- HT Chang, vice president of engineering, Brake Parts Inc.
- Frank Oliveto, vice president of sales and marketing Americas, Util Group