Bosch has launched the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus, its newest 240 Volt, Level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. The new stations will offer 30-Amp, 7.2kW and 40-Amp, 9.6kW configurations for faster EV charging and use the SAE J1772 connector for use with all standard EVs sold in North America.
Building on the popularity of the original Power Max, the Power Max 2 is sleeker and more compact offers significantly higher output power and is designed to minimize installation costs. The Power Max 2Plus additionally features Wi-Fi connectivity to accommodate a variety of control and monitoring applications.
“The original Power Max has been a great product for us, having been selected by several OEMs as their station of and performing as the market volume leader in multiple sales channels,” said Jeff Hudnut, Bosch Automotive Service Solutions product manager. “The second generation is even more powerful with additional features to provide a greater value for our full spectrum of customers.”
In addition to being a more powerful and compact charging station, the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus feature:
– USB data storage and Wi-Fi connectivity on Power Max 2Plus
– Hardwired or plug-in installation configurations
– Front access to station electronics for easier, faster installation
– LEDs indicating charging status and station power
– On/off switch for zero energy consumption
– Thermal protection for vehicle, station and connection
– Generous 18- or 25-foot cable lengths
– Weather-resistant NEMA 3R rating for outdoor installation
The new Bosch Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus are now available, and pricing starts at $674.00 USD for the Power Max 2 30A/18-foot cable version.