OTC has updated its Encore diagnostics software with new coverage for most Asian and domestic 2015 model year vehicles, expanded coverage for late-model vehicles and more than 3,000 special tests.
OTC says the latest diagnostics update, version 22.214.171.124, also focuses on user experience, making the tool more intuitive while strengthening speed and functionality.
The update includes improvements to data stream and expanded information on the all DTCs scan screen. Encore data stream now shows 16 PIDs with multiple filtering options to quickly analyze vehicle data. Enhanced search functionality and communication on multiple screens helps technicians quickly locate a vehicle problem and begin troubleshooting and fixing.
Encore version 126.96.36.199 features:
- New vehicle coverage for 2015 model year GM, Ford, Chrysler/Jeep, Honda/Acura, Hyundai/Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Alfa Romeo 4C and Fiat
- Improved Ford power balance test to help clearly identify cylinder failures in 3-valve engines
- 4,473 new vehicle-ECU combinations, 3,043 new actuation tests, coverage for 2,479 systems and 234 new adjustment tests
- Expanded vehicle coverage for:
- Ford/Lincoln – 2008 – 2014 side obstacle detection, lift gate/trunk, trailer brake, remote function actuator and parking aid
- Honda/Acura – 2003 – 2014 power window, memory seat and auto light
- Mazda – 2007 – 2014 body and chassis systems
- Mitsubishi – 2008 – 2014 HVAC and meter systems
- Land Rover – 2014 HVAC, instrument and body systems
All Encore owners with an active diagnostics subscription can download the latest update now and take advantage of new vehicle coverage and tests. Technicians with expiring subscriptions must renew to keep their lifetime warranty active, receive future coverage updates and benefit from the Diagnostics for Life program.