Wix Filters, a member of the Affinia Group family of brands, has launched a new XP line of high premium oil filters engineered to withstand the toughest of driving conditions and scientifically designed to maximize the performance of synthetic motor oils.
“XP filters provide optimum protection for the increased demands on today’s vehicles,” said Donald Chilton, North American product development manager at Wix Filters. “Heavy loads, towing, high-idling city driving and severe driving conditions are no match for the enhanced durability of XP.”
XP, the third oil filter line manufactured by Wix, is available through independent auto parts dealers and warehouse distributors. According to Chilton, XP filters are ideal for vehicles subject to:
• Towing trailers, boats and heavy equipment.
• High idling conditions in stop-and-go city driving.
• Harsh driving environments, such as dusty and muddy roads and extremely high temperatures.
“Avid automotive enthusiasts and do-it-yourself consumers want the best performance for their vehicle, but even the most devoted enthusiasts are unsure of the ideal filter to choose for synthetic motor oils,” Chilton said. “Our XP line eliminates any confusion and continues the Wix commitment to offer products that align with the demands of today’s vehicles.”
Premium oil filters such as XP provide several benefits, including:
• Wire-backed, fully synthetic media traps more dirt, dust and grim.
• Greater resistance to hardening and cracking due to silicone anti-drain-back valve.