BorgWarner Inc. today announced US$1.95 billion of expected net new powertrain business for 2008 through 2010, a 15% increase over its previous three-year new business. Demand for the company’s environmentally friendly technologies such as turbochargers and dual-clutch transmission technology continue to drive a growth rate for the company that exceeds that of the auto industry. BorgWarner is a provider of highly engineered engine and drivetrain components and systems that address critical environmental needs around the globe such as fuel economy and air quality. The majority of the company’s new business is outside of North America. About 80% of the programs are expected to be launched in Asia and Europe over the three-year period. “As concerns about global climate change and rising fuel prices continue to escalate, BorgWarner is uniquely positioned among vehicle suppliers to deliver powertrain technologies in a broad range of products that address these needs,” said Timothy M. Manganello, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Of the total new business, 78% is anticipated from engine-related products such as turbochargers, ignition systems, emissions products, engine timing systems, variable cam timing modules and thermal systems. The other 22% is expected in drivetrain-related products including the company’s fuel-efficient transmission technology.