Bosch has announced the availability of its Long Haul 12-volt series of starters that are specially designed to outperform and outlast their OE counterparts on most heavy duty commercial vehicles. Built on the most current technology available in commercial vehicle starting systems, these starters include all the features necessary for the widest range of large displacement commercial diesel engine applications. They also utilize the fewest number of SKUs – three Bosch Long Haul Starters replace more than 186 competitive part numbers.
“High compression diesel engines require greater amounts of torque and power to turn over in all temperature ranges,” said Fred Padgett, group mroduct Manager, Rotating Electrical, Robert Bosch LLC. “Bosch Long Haul Starters use a shock absorbing planetary gear system originally designed by Bosch. Mounted on rubber shock absorbers and located in a steel drive-end housing, the planetary gear carrier resists ‘kick back’ and eliminates drive-end breakage common in many competitive designs,” he said.
* Over crank protection prevents damage and ensures a longer life
* Internal magnetic switch (IMS) ensures optimal voltage for starting in all weather conditions
* Fixed over running clutch with 50 percent less moving mass protects internal components in case of ‘blind start’ or ‘click no crank’
* Meshing spring for positive gear engagement during cranking. This eliminates ‘click no crank’ and prevents costly damage to the engine ring gear.
* Isolated external ground circuit promotes optimal grounding and maximum starting power
* Open nose design resists moisture, dust and dirt, preventing damage to internal electrical and mechanical components
* Dual composite long life brushes create better surface contact, less heat and lower current draw resulting in longer life and quicker starts
* Double chamfered pinion gear increases first time engagement and positive starts
* Protective cover shields the solenoid and critical electrical connections, ensuring positive connections and maximum starting power.
“The innovative technical features of Bosch Long Haul Starters contribute to their long-lasting service life, outstanding performance, and comprehensive SKU coverage,” said Padgett. “Our starters are designed to keep trucks operating worry-free for miles and miles and ensure continued profitability for heavy duty business owners and operators,” he said.
For complete information about Bosch Long Haul Starters and Alternators contact your Bosch sales representative/distributor or visit heavyduty.boschautoparts.com.