#aftermarket – Mitchell 1 has announced the latest release of its Manager SE shop management system, version 6.6, contains dozens of enhancements, fixes and refinements based on customer feedback that will significantly streamline operations for auto repair businesses.
“Manager SE version 6.6 is the culmination of work done by a very dedicated team at Mitchell 1” said John Dwulet, senior product manager for Mitchell 1. “This version is a game-changer for users, with time-saving features that will help everyone in the shop work more efficiently. We have already heard from some of the early adopters and beta testers that these new features will save them hours every week. That is exactly the goal of our product development process.”
In keeping with Mitchell 1’s customer-centric approach to product development, the latest enhancements are all designed to deliver increased time savings and convenience for the user. Customer feedback is collected from several sources, including the Manager Forum discussion board, customer meetings and focus groups, and the Mitchell 1 client services teams who have direct contact with customers on a daily basis.
Highlights of version 6.6 include the ability to transfer multiple canned jobs to an order at one time, customizable names for revisions that make it easier for shops to track and sell deferred work, and improvements to the vehicle history screen that give shop managers more information about posted invoices at a glance.
Paul Lannon, owner and operator of Paul’s Automotive in Baltimore MD and longtime user of Manager SE, says, “I love this update. There are so many very cool features. I especially love the labeling of revision tabs and the parts margin box that when edited automatically updates the sell price.”
Other key enhancements include:
* Ability to give revised estimates a descriptive name by double clicking the text on the revisions tab
* The last eight characters of the VIN number display on the order screen, making them quickly accessible and easier to read
* Users can now more quickly set the desired profit margin for a part when setting the sale price for the part
* The invoice and counter sale screens now include balance-at-a-glance, making this information immediately visible
* Hazmat services may be sold and taxed as a part
* Nearly two dozen reports and invoice templates have been updated to include user-requested content
For more information on Mitchell 1, visit www.mitchell1.com, call (888) 724-6742, or locate an independent sales consultant at www.mitchellrep.com.
Have your say: