John Corey, president and CEO, Stoneridge Inc., has been elected as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) for 2014.
“I am honored to be selected as chairman of the MEMA Board of Directors,” Corey said. “MEMA has served as the voice for the motor vehicle supplier industry since 1904, and today represents more than 1,000 member companies. I look forward to working with the board and the association leadership team to continue MEMA’s growth and service to our industry.”
“John and the extraordinary executive group that serves on the MEMA Board are representative of the outstanding member companies of MEMA’s market segment associations: the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA), the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA), the Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA) and the Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA). MEMA will enter its 110th year of service in 2014 with its leadership, members and staff committed and focused on the success of the supplier industry,” said Steve Handschuh, MEMA president and CEO. “MEMA and its Board of Directors also thank Joe McAleese, president and CEO of Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, for his two years of dedicated service and leadership as the 2011-2013 MEMA board chairman.”
Two new members have joined the MEMA board for 2014: Jay Pittas, president and CEO, Remy International Inc., and Samir Salman, CEO, NAFTA Region, Continental Automotive Systems Inc.
In addition to Cory, MEMA board officers elected for 2014 are:
* Vice Chairman – Doug Grimm, chairman, president and CEO, Grede Holdings LLC
* Vice Chairman – Samir Salman, CEO, NAFTA Region, Continental Automotive Systems Inc.
* Treasurer – Joseph J. (Joe) McAleese, president and CEO, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC
MEMA 2014 Board of Directors also includes:
* Michael Cardone Jr., chairman, CARDONE Industries Inc.
* Pat Cavanagh, president and CEO, Enovation Controls
* Charley Johnson, CEO, OptiCat
* Bill Kozyra, chairman, CEO and president, TI Automotive
* Terry McCormack, CEO, president and director, Affinia Group Inc.
* Jim Orchard, CEO, Dayco Products LLC
* Jay Pittas, president and CEO, Remy International Inc.
* Dan Sceli, president and CEO, Peterson Spring Corp.
* Jack Shaffer, president and CEO, Bergstrom Inc.
* Jim Spencer, executive vice president of operations, Delphi and president of Delphi Latin America
MEMA board members Orchard and Spencer were recently re-elected to three year terms.
In addition to the board officers, MEMA officers include:
* Steve Handschuh, president and CEO, MEMA
* John Chalifoux, president and COO, Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA)
* Julie Fream, president and CEO, Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA)
* Tim Kraus, president and COO, Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA)
* Bill Long, president and COO, Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA)
* Wendy Earp, senior vice president, CFO and secretary, MEMA
* Paul McCarthy, senior vice president, strategy, planning and information services, MEMA
* Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
* Jo Anne Farr, vice president, human resources and administration, MEMA