Education is at the top of the agenda at this year’s AAPEX event in Las Vegas.
The selection of education sessions offered by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) at this year’s AAPEX in Las Vegas has been greatly expanded and tailored to aftermarket professionals in all segments of the industry.
All sessions will be held in the Sands Expo Center (unless otherwise indicated) and are approved by the University of the Aftermarket for CEU credit toward the AAP and MAAP certificates.
AAPEX will be held Tuesday Nov. 4 through Thursday, Nov. 6.
Below are the seminars and programs that are currently scheduled:
• “Selling to the Chinese Aftermarket: Getting It Right,” by representatives from China International Auto Parts Expo (CIAPE), Venetian Hotel (registration required)
• “2008 — A Technical Tipping Point for the Aftermarket,” by Scott Luckett, Vice-President, Technology Standards and Solutions, AAIA
• “Selling Parts for Imports: Did You Ever Consider Listening to Your Customer? The Installer’s View,” by Mitch Schneider, Schneider Automotive Repair, and Director, Car Care Professionals Network (registration required)
• “2009 Aftermarket Outlook,” by David Portalatin, The NPD Group, Inc.
• “Telematics: A Major Threat or Opportunity for the Automotive Aftermarket?” by Derek Kaufman, C3 Network, Inc. • “Emerging Markets: The Indian Influence,” by Dr. Debashish Chakraborty, Central Michigan University
• “Secrets to Successfully Working with the Millennial Generation,” by Gregory Mayo, Human Resource Solutions, Inc.
• “Obtaining Access to Vehicle Service Information and Tools: A Global Update,” by Aaron Lowe, Vice-President, Government Affairs, AAIA
• “Exceptional Customer Service: Your Key to Company Growth,” by Gary Bohannon, The Warranty Group, Inc.
• “Car Care Professionals Network (CCPN) Roundtables: Shop Owners Sharing Tips and Techniques” (registration required)
• “Toyota’s Advanced Hybrid Technologies — Are You Prepared to Support Them in Your Shop?” Mark Saxonberg and Ed Ralbovsky, Toyota Motor Sales USA
• “SellingtotheU. S. Aftermarket:GettingItRight,”HenryP. Allessio, Walden Consultants, Ltd. (registration required)
• “The Current Hybrid State of Affairs,” by Craig Van Batenburg, Automotive Career Development Center
• “The New Change in the Vehicle Market — What Does It Mean To You?” by Mark Seng, R. L. Polk & Co.
For updated information on dates, times, locations and sponsors, visit www.aapexshow.com