Robert Bosch LLC, has introduced the addition of Bosch Double Iridium to its OE Fine Wire Spark Plug series.
“The new Bosch Double Iridium Spark Plug represents the latest and best in OE fine wire technology,” said Tim Stumpff, senior product manager, Robert Bosch LLC, Automotive Aftermarket NA. “Its ultra-fine wire design and laser-welded tapered ground electrode help deliver increased performance, while the iridium firing pin and ground electrode inlay provide four times longer service life compared to standard copper core plugs,” Stumpff said.
Features of the Bosch Double Iridium Spark Plug include:
* Unique design employing an iridium center electrode tip and iridium-platinum
alloy ground electrode inlay to create a precise spark
* Double iridium firing pin and ground electrode pin (replacement for OE applications using plugs with pin-to-pin design)
* Exclusive 360° continuous laser weld fuses corrosion-resistant precious metal
firing pin to base
* Fine wire firing pin for better ignitability and maximized durability
* OE-matched spark position for compatibility with new GDI technology
Double Iridium benefits include:
* OE Form, Fit and Function: meet or exceed manufacturer design requirements for modern gasoline engines
* 4X Longer Service Life: versus standard copper core plugs
* No Gapping Needed: factory pre-gapped to OE specification for faster installation
* No Anti-seize Required: nickel-plated housing eliminates the need to use anti-seize to prevent corrosion
* Coverage for Domestic, Asian and European vehicles: with advanced engines
Bosch OE Fine Wire Double Iridium Spark Plugs are competitively priced and come with purchase protection including a seven-year consumer performance satisfaction guarantee and a 12-month professional technician warranty. Full information regarding the warranty can be found at www.BoschAutoParts.com/en/support/spark-plug-guarantee.