Robert Bosch has opened a new technical center in Plymouth Township to enhance and expand its engineering and development capacity. The facility features research and development capabilities, as well as engineering space for its automotive electronics, starter motors and generators, and electrical drives divisions. Continuing Bosch’s commitment to research and development in the automotive industry, the Plymouth Township Technical Center is supported by more than 60 engineering and technical lab specialists working on development studies, design verification and production validation test plans in the facility’s 70,000 sq. ft. test laboratory. “The new Plymouth Township Technical Center has enabled Bosch to enhance our research and development capabilities in automotive electronics,” said Martin Boos, director of engineering, product validation and testing, Robert Bosch. “Bosch’s investment in research and development is critical to achieving our goals and attaining market leadership in our automotive operations.” Facility testing capabilities include environmental chambers, center of competence vibration testing, noise vibration harshness chambers, electro- magnetic chamber, metallurgy and wiper lab. Additionally, the Plymouth Township Technical Center houses a machine shop, quality lab, equipment crib, small motor dynamometers, vehicle hoist, and powder coat and paint booths. The Bosch Group is a global manufacturer of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology. In fiscal 2006, approximately 260,000 associates generated sales of 43.7 billion euros, or US$54.9 billion. Set up in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) as “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Electrical Engineering,” the Bosch Group today comprises a manufacturing, sales, and after-sales service network of approximately 280 subsidiaries and more than 12,000 service centers in over 140 countries.