Auto Service World

Topic
Business Management

Jobber_News   News Business ManagementSupplier News & Announcements

Pressure Mounts On Ottawa To Join  Ban On Asbestos
March 28, 2016 by Steve Pawlett

  Dozens of groups are pressing Ottawa to join more than 50 countries in banning asbestos, a move the Liberal Party supported while in opposition. A letter sent to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this month notes that Canada still allows

CARS_Magazine   News Association NewsBusiness Management

JET Group changes name to SureWerx
March 11, 2016 by CARS Magazine

The JET Group, the parent company to Jet Equipment & Tools Ltd., Sellstrom Manufacturing Co., as well as American Forge & Foundry Inc., has rebranded its corporate identity to “SureWerx”. The company says this change will open the door for further

CARS_Magazine   News Auto Repair & ServiceBusiness Management

Icahn Enterprises offers to buy Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp
March 9, 2016 by CARS Magazine

Icahn Enterprises, Carl Icahn’s investment company, has offered to buy the remaining 18% of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp. Icahn Enterprises currently own the other 82% of Federal-Mogul and has offered $7 a share for the company. Following this news, shares of the Federal-Mogul

CARS_Magazine   News Auto Repair & ServiceBusiness Management

Thrush celebrates 50th Anniversary in 2016
March 9, 2016 by CARS Magazine

The Thrush brand has kicked off its 50th anniversary year with the launch of a new Thrush Rattler muffler and new website. “The Thrush sound, the red Glasspack muffler and Turbo, the famous bird in the logo, all bring back

Jobber_News   News Business ManagementVehicle Technology

Usability Issues, Top Complaint Of Drivers
March 8, 2016 by Steve Pawlett

  Some 67% of 2013 car owners have indicated experiencing a voice-recognition problem, related to the car not recognizing or misinterpreting, voice commands. The complaints are based on J.D. Powers 2016 Vehicle Dependability Study of original owners of 2013-model vehicles. Ranking

CARS_Magazine   News Business Management

Management Insights: Tell customers what you REALLY can do for them
March 3, 2016 by Murray Voth

Be proud of the fact that you keep your clients from experiencing breakdowns.

CARS_Magazine   News Association NewsBusiness ManagementMilestones & Awards

Driven Brands wins 2016 Franchise Times Dealmakers Award
March 2, 2016 by CARS Magazine

Driven Brands, Inc. has been named a winner in Franchise Times fourth annual Dealmakers Awards. The award recognizes the boldest players driving mergers and acquisitions in franchising. Driven Brands, one of 12 winners, was recognized after an active 2015 that

Jobber_News   News Business ManagementVehicle Technology

Montréal Auto Prix To Sell Used Electric And Hybrid Vehicles
February 22, 2016 by Steve Pawlett

  Montréal Auto Prix has inaugurated the first establishment in Canada dedicated exclusively to the sale of used electric and hybrid vehicles. Jacques Daoust, minister of transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification, was present at the launch. With this new

Jobber_News   News Business Management

Canada Misses Out On New Auto Assembly Plants
February 19, 2016 by Steve Pawlett

  Investment by auto makers in Canada doubled last year from 2014 levels, but the country failed to win any of the three new assembly plants that were announced for North America, pushing Canada’s losing streak for new plants to

News Association NewsBusiness Management

Tung Yang Wang joins Robert Bosch Inc. Canada
February 18, 2016 by Allan Janssen

Robert Bosch Inc. Canada has hired Dr. Tung Yang Wang to be the new marketing manager for the Automotive Aftermarket Division. He will report to Niall Davidson, VP and general manager of Automotive Aftermarket. Tung Yang brings 17 years of experience

Auto Service World  Cars Magazine   News Business ManagementLegislation Regulations

CRA clarifies tax deduction for tradespeople
February 17, 2016 by Allan Janssen

Since April 30 falls on a Saturday, May 2 is the effective deadline for submitting tax returns.

Jobber_News   News Association NewsBusiness ManagementInternational NewsLegislation Regulations

U.S. Copyright Office Urged To Allow Aftermarket Access To Software-Enabled Vehicle Technology 
February 17, 2016 by Steve Pawlett

  The U.S. Copyright Office should protect consumer choice by allowing the independent aftermarket greater access to software-enabled components and parts, say the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) and the Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA), the light vehicle aftermarket