The Wells Vehicle Electronics brand’s growing library of free online technician training videos recently exceeded one million views by professional technicians and other customers who use the YouTube.com social media network.
Interest in the Wells series has doubled since November 2010, and more than 1,750 automotive professionals and other users are registered subscribers to the company’s YouTube channels.
“There are few, if any, aftermarket manufacturers that have achieved this level of success in web-based video training for technicians and parts professionals,” said Bill Nonnamaker, vice president of sales and marketing, Wells Manufacturing, L.P. “Our technical services team does an outstanding job of responding to customer requests for application-specific diagnostic and repair programs.”
The “Wells Tech” video series includes more than 20 in-depth diagnostic case studies for professionals, several vehicle systems reviews for parts counter people and a variety of programs exploring the design and production of modern engine management and related components. These videos, many of which are available in both English and Spanish languages, can be easily accessed through YouTube’s “WellsTech” page as well as the award-winning www.wellsVE.com website.
Among the Wells diagnostic and training videos now available online are:
• 4.0L Jeep Cherokee No-Crank/No-Start
• Distributor-less Ignition (DIS) Training
• Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Training
• Evaporative (EVAP) Training
• ABS Diagnostics & Repair
• Computer “No Communication”
• Nissan Cam/Crank Sensor Testing, Throttle Body Cleaning
& Idle Air Relearn (P0507)
• GM 3.1 EGR Replacement/Port Cleaning
• GM 3.1 Cam Sensor Replacement
• LS711/LS922 Chrysler/Jeep Ignition Switch
• Early Ford EGR Pressure Sensor Diagnosis & Replacement
• GM Type I DIS DR143/DR148/C860 Testing & Replacement
• Chrysler 1995-03 2.0-2.4L Cam Sensor Replacement
• Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Testing
• Digital Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Diagnostics
• GM Type II DIS System Cylinder Misfire Detection
In addition to Web-based video training and an array of interactive resources offered through www.wellsVE.com, Wells offers a toll-free technical support hotline featuring Master and L1 ASE-certified technicians. This service is available at 1-800-558-9770, Option 3 (7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. CST), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.