As of March 12, 2010, Tom Ward, president of Snap-on Tools Group, has been elected as 2010 chairman of the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) Board of Governors.
In addition to Ward, new AASA officers include:
- Vice Chairman – David Coolidge, Executive Vice President, Global Automotive Aftermarket Division, Bosch Group
- Vice Chairman – Jeff Brekke, President Automotive Aftermarket, Gates Corp.
Bruce Zorich, President and CEO of United Components Inc., has been elected as a new member of the AASA Board.
Peter Morse, president of Morse Calipers and immediate past chairman of AASA; Steve Handschuh, AASA president and COO; and Bob McKenna, president and CEO of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA), AASA’s parent association, also serve on the AASA executive committee.
Retiring from the AASA Board is Michael Cardone, CEO, CARDONE Industries, who was recently elected to the MEMA Board of Directors.
“We are pleased to have Tom as our 2010 chairman of the AASA Board of Governors, and thank Peter for his hard work on behalf of the association as the 2009 chairman, as well as Michael for his years of service and support,” says Steve Handschuh, President and COO of AASA. “We welcome Bruce to the board and look forward to working with him as AASA continues to provide ‘Leadership in the Global Automotive Aftermarket.’”
Continuing to serve on the AASA Board of Governors are:
- Guy Andrysick, Senior Vice President, Honeywell Consumer Products Group
- Tanvir Arfi, President, SPX Service Solutions
- David C. Barbeau, Vice President, Global Independent Aftermarket Business Unit, Delphi Product & Service Solutions
- Jay Burkhart, Senior Vice President, Global Aftermarket, Federal-Mogul Corp.
- Paul A. Johnson, General Director, Independent Aftermarket, GM Service & Parts Operations – AC Delco
- Michael McGrath, President, SKF, Vehicle Service Market, North America
- Richard Mezadurian, President, Falcon Steering Systems
- Samuel J. Mitchell Jr., President, The Valvoline Co.
- E. J. O’Leary, President and Chief Operating Officer, Exide Technologies
- Joseph Pomaranski, Vice President, N.A. Aftermarket, Tenneco Inc.
- Richard Shiozaki, Senior Vice President, Aftermarket Sales & Corp. services, DENSO Sales California Inc.
- Dennis M. Welvaert, President, N.A. Aftermarket Division, Dayco Products LLC
- Keith Wilson, President, Affinia Global Filtration