Mopar named 27 FCA US LLC dealership technicians as “Top Tech” winners during an awards ceremony held at historic Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester, Michigan, on January 10.
Pietro Gorlier, head of parts and service for Mopar, FCA – Global, was on hand to help honor the 27 elite technicians chosen from a pool of 25,000 eligible FCA US dealership techs.
The Mopar “Top Tech” program, introduced in 2014, recognizes elite-performing technicians in categories including Fixed First Visit (FFV) scores, dealership tenure and training achievements.
“Customer satisfaction and retention will continue to be key drivers of our business, regardless of vehicle or make,” said Gorlier. “The decision to purchase a particular vehicle brand is determined not only by the attributes of the vehicle, but also as importantly by the level of service that the customers receive. That is why it’s so critical to make sure that our top technicians receive the proper training, and that we recognize superstars of the service lane such as these 27 high-performing technicians, as well as the dealerships that support them.”
The Mopar “Top Tech” program also awards the 72 top technicians (including the elite 27 “Top Tech” winners) with a Mopar “Top Tech”-branded tool kit, comprised of a Snap-on four-drawer roll tool cart, 1/2-inch Snap-on cordless impact wrench and 3/8–inch Snap-on cordless impact wrench.
In addition, each quarter the “Top Tech” program honors 1,000 high-performing technicians at four different recognition levels, including 75 designated as top Platinum performers, 100 Gold, 200 Silver and 625 Bronze level technicians.
The Mopar “Top Tech” winners participate in an all-inclusive two-day trip to Metro Detroit. In addition to the awards banquet, “Top Tech” recipients received a tour of the FCA US headquarters and tech center on January 10, with a visit to the Warren Truck Assembly Plant and the industry preview of the North American International Auto Show.
The roster of 27 Mopar “Top Tech” award recipients encompasses technicians from 15 states:
- Ted Ashenfalder, Bangor, Pennsylvania – Dotta Auto Sales
- Kevin Buska, Racine, Wisconsin – Palmen Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- Steve Decknatel, Kimball, Minnesota – A.M. Maus & Son
- Chuck Fischer, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin – Reed Chrysler Sales
- Charles Frankum, Macon, Georgia – Five Star Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Eric Hartman, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania – Beaver County Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- Kelvin Lapham, Wayland, Michigan – Wayland Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Al Lorentsen, Riverhead, New York – Riverhead Dodge Ram
- Wayne Mumford, Fresno, California – Fresno Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Jeff Murray, Phoenix, Arizona – AutoNation Chrysler Dodge
- Woody Odell, Abilene, Texas – Star Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- William Ostmeyer, Topeka, Kansas – John Hoffer Chrysler Jeep
- Gene Palmreuter, Frankenmuth, Michigan – Schaefer & Bierlein Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
- Robert Paul, Farmington Hills, Michigan – Suburban Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Eric Pastagal, Lynnfield, Massachussets – Kelly Jeep Chrysler
- Thomas Perry, Tustin, California – Tuttle-Click’s Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
- Walter Petrucci, Titusville, Florida – Titusville Chrysler Jeep Dodge
- Mark Purrier, New Ulm, Minnesota – Maday Motors Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep
- Jeremy Sanner, Charleroi, Pennsylvania – Rotolo’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Robert Sawicki, Chicago, Illinois – Napleton’s Northwestern Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep
- Edward Shaw, Albuquerque, New Mexico – Melloy Dodge
- Cesar Silva, West Palm Beach, Florida – Arrigo Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
- Andrew Spinks, San Diego, California – San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Steve Tribotte, Rochester, New York – Cortese Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
- Robert Wert, Midwest City, Oklahoma – David Stanley Dodge
- Karl Wuepper, Scottsdale, Arizona – Chapman Dodge Chrysler
- Hector Zavala, Huntsville, Texas – Team Dodge Chrysler Jeep