FUJITSU TEN Reveals Prototype Development of HTML5 In-Car Device
FUJITSU TEN LIMITED, developer of the car navigation brand ECLIPSE, is currently developing a next-generation in-car device utilizing future Web standard technology HTML5 aiming for early in-car implementation of innovative technology in...
FUJITSU TEN LIMITED, developer of the car navigation brand ECLIPSE, is currently developing a next-generation in-car device utilizing future Web standard technology HTML5 aiming for early in-car implementation of innovative technology in the IT industry. The prototype model was exhibited in the booth of FUJITSU LIMITED at Mobile World Congress 2013, the mobile phone industry exhibition held at Barcelona, Spain in February.
Currently, implementation of Web application using HTML5 is in progress for smartphones, tablets and PC. In-car device industry is also considering adoption of HTML5 in order to incorporate the trend of mobile devices that are progressing rapidly and also to contribute to the improvement of design development efficiency.
• The latest design and operability of rapidly progressing smartphones and tablets are attained timely in the in-car device.
• Different variations can be easily utilized for cooperated application with automobile-specific peripherals like on-board camera. A specific example is camera utilization service such as augmented reality (AR) navigation.
• It can be used for remote operation application like operator service, since it can provide easy communication between the in-car device and external terminal.
• Smart phone functions (phone, e-mail, address book, music, video, pictures, etc.) can be easily utilized from the in-car device (Incorporation with KDDI Corp., KDDI R&B Labs).
• Utilizing the know-how of in-car device development, the latest and high performance application can be used with safety and security by exploiting vehicle information such as automobile’s speed.