Emergency unlocking of the luggage compartment lid when battery is dead.
Many vehicles have their batteries in nonstandard locations due to packaging constraints. For Porsche, the Boxster and 911 have their battery in the forward luggage compartment. While this wouldn't no...
Many vehicles have their batteries in nonstandard locations due to packaging constraints. For Porsche, the Boxster and 911 have their battery in the forward luggage compartment. While this wouldn’t normally be a problem, the newer models only have an electric release for the luggage lid and no hidden cable release as a backup. If your battery is dead, how do you actually get in there
1. Use the key to unlock the vehicle at the door lock. Leave the key in
the door lock.
2. Remove the plastic cover over the fuse box (located in left kick panel). See illustration.
3. Pull out positive terminal (A in illustration) in the fuse box.
4. Use a jumper cable to connect the positive terminal of the donor battery to positive terminal A in the fuse box.
5. NOTE: if the vehicle was locked, the alarm horn will sound when the negative cable is connected.
6. Use the second jumper cable to connect the terminal of the donor battery to the door latch striker (B in illustration).
7. Switch the alarm system off by locking and unlocking at the door lock.
8. Unlock the luggage compartment lid with the switch.
9. Disconnect the negative cable first, then the positive cable.
10. Push the positive terminal (A in illustration) into the fuse box and replace the fuse box cover.
11. NOTE: The engine cannot be jump started with this method. Open the compartment lid first and then jump start vehicle as recommended by manufacturer.
to service the battery? Porsche provides a method to hook up auxiliary power to operate the latch. The following procedure is for the 2003-2004 Boxster but other models are similar.