The tier-one automotive supplier held its Supplier Recognition Awards in conjunction with its annual Supplier Day event. Awards were presented to seven top performing companies from AAMs global supply chain.
The tier-one automotive supplier held its Supplier Recognition Awards in conjunction with its annual Supplier Day event.
The Supplier Recognition Award was presented to seven top performing companies from AAM’s global supply chain. Awards went to:
* AAPICO Amata Co., Ltd., an automotive supplier based in Thailand, received recognition for an innovative axle-housing cost-reduction initiative.
* Burke E. Porter Machinery Company, a Michigan-based company that develops and markets electrical, mechanical, and software solutions for automotive test systems, received recognition for its innovative and collaborative efforts in developing noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) testing equipment.
* EPIC Equipment & Engineering, a Michigan-based provider of innovative assembly machines, received recognition for its launch support, program and cost management.
* Gibbs Die Casting Corporation, a Kentucky-based aluminum and magnesium die casting partner, received recognition for its industry-first, three-piece torque tube technology and innovation.
* Lubrizol Corporation, an Ohio-based supplier of specialty chemicals for the transportation industry, received recognition for its long-term partnership and development of PowerFilm, a high-efficiency lubricant featured in a current AAM product program.
* NTN Bearing Corporation, the world’s third largest bearing manufacturer based in Japan, received recognition for its overall customer satisfaction.
* Paramount Precision Products, a Michigan-based manufacturer of cast aluminum and specialty alloy products, received recognition for collaborative efforts and expedient manufacturing solutions for a recent AAM product program.
"With the Supplier Recognition Award, we formally recognize the most outstanding contributions we receive from our supplier partners in support of AAM’s world-class quality performance, operational excellence and technology leadership," said AAM President & Chief Executive Officer David C. Dauch. "As AAM outpaces the industry in sales growth, our suppliers are benefiting with larger volumes from a single source. We appreciate the collaborative efforts we receive from our supplier partners, and congratulate this year’s award winners."
"The award recipients represent a top tier of suppliers who have provided AAM with superior support in meeting and exceeding the requirements of AAM and our OEM customers," said Group Vice President – Procurement & Program Management Mark S. Barrett. "The partnerships we foster with our suppliers continue to play a key role in AAM’s global product and manufacturing advancements.
AAM is a world leader in the manufacture, engineering, design and validation of driveline and drivetrain systems and related components and modules, chassis systems and metal-formed products for light trucks, sport utility vehicles, passenger cars and crossover vehicles and commercial vehicles.