Epicor Software Corporation has added a variety of innovative new tools to its popular Epicor Eagle business management software that enable automotive aftermarket distributors and jobbers to monitor and manage business performance while on the road, in a customer location or anywhere else via a smartphone or other mobile device..
“Aftermarket business owners and managers are making more decisions each day that impact their competitiveness and bottom-line performance,” said Craig McCollum, executive vice president and general manager, retail distribution solutions for Epicor. “Epicor Eagle software now enables them to make smart, fast decisions based on up-to-the-minute information using virtually any smartphone, tablet computer or other mobile device.”
Epicor Eagle software now includes the powerful new Epicor Mobile Manager application, which enables authorized users to view sales, inventory, pricing and customer information on a dynamic basis via a mobile device. This application – already one of the most popular new features for Eagle users in a variety of other wholesale and retail markets – helps owners and managers enhance business performance by:
* * Maintaining a close watch on key metrics, such as gross margin and receivables
* *Enabling pricing adjustments from the road based on the latest competitive intelligence
* *Answering customer inquiries in a significantly more timely manner
* *Performing price and inventory checks from a customer site or other location
* *Instantly accessing customer information to make decisions on discounts, credit and more; and
* *Receiving and acting on override requests without having to return to the store or warehouse
Accompanying Mobile Manager in the latest release is Epicor Compass Analytics, which allows users to run an array of business reports via their mobile devices. Other new features of the Compass software include a dashboard reporting tool that provides sales and margin data on all types of business promotions. Additional Compass enhancements are faster page loads and queries, delivery of scheduled tasks via an FTP protocol, and the availability of additional fields, including cash balancing dimensions and measures, terms codes and discount thresholds.
The new Epicor Eagle release also includes the cloud-based Epicor AConneX CL online parts trading solution. AConneX CL is a sustainable, scalable and extendable solution with improved responsiveness to electronic orders and inquiries flowing between businesses and offers the most reliable connection in the automotive aftermarket.
Other key new features available with the latest release of Epicor Eagle are:
* *Embedded part images positioned next to the item within the LaserCat 3 electronic catalog
* *Enhanced sales commission reporting, with ability to automatically credit returned items against the commission of the original salesperson or counter employee
* *Easier pricing management in cases when a product is maintained under more than one unit of measure
* *Automatic filling of sales orders with backordered items when a purchase order for these items is received; and,
* *Timesaving drilldown functionality from General Ledger accounts to various Eagle viewers